In this Privacy Notice "AstraZeneca" refers to AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP and AstraZeneca LP, and "Amgen" refers to Amgen Inc., and Amgen USA Inc. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, "We", "Us" or "Our" refers to AstraZeneca and Amgen.
AstraZeneca and Amgen take the privacy and security of your personal information very seriously. This Privacy Notice outlines the categories of personal information We may collect about you and how We may use it.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes where We are required to do so.
This Privacy Notice applies to the online or digital activities (the "Site") and digital services ("Services") in which it is posted or linked.
Note that this website is directed towards users who reside in the United States of America (USA). It is not our intent to gather personal information from individuals residing out of the United States of America.
What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use It?
If you register to use this website, or complete an online form, or send Us an email (eg, to obtain email updates or ask Us to send you further information and/or to send you invitations to participate in scientific meetings, promotional events, cooperation opportunities and surveys), then We may collect and use personal information about you such as:
- Identifiers – such as your name, postal address, email address, country of residence, address, telephone number or other similar identifiers
- Professional or Employment-Related Information – such as your occupation (eg, if you are a Healthcare Professional seeking information about our products)
- Health Insurance Information – including your insurance policy number or subscriber identification number, any unique identifier used by a health insurer to identify you, or any information in your application and claims history
- Financial information – including your bank account number, credit or debit card number, or other financial information
- Medical Information – including any information in possession of or derived from a healthcare provider, healthcare service plan, pharmaceutical company, or contractor regarding your medical history, mental or physical condition, or treatment
- Commercial Information – including records of personal property, products or services you purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Internet or other Network Activity Data - technical information about your device, such as your IP address, device type, device and advertising identifiers, browser type and version, and other standard server log information
- Geolocation Data – your precise geolocation data, with your permission, when you visit or interact with our Site or Services
- Electronic and Sensory Data - audio, electronic, visual or similar information (eg, a recording of a customer service call)
- Inferences – drawn from any of the information listed above to create a profile about your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and (eg, predictions about your preferences or tendencies)
- Other – other personal information you choose to provide with Us
Such information will be provided by you and may be supplemented by Us from publicly available information, social media platforms, and other third parties. It is used by Us to administer the website, register you for any services you have signed up to and respond to any queries or requests for information you may have.
As described above, we may occasionally obtain sensitive personal information about you, eg, if you voluntarily provide your Medical Information, as part of a request for information. In this case, We use such information only to respond to your inquiry and if applicable to provide you additional guidance (eg, to inform you of your right to submit an adverse event report). By providing Us with your sensitive personal information, you consent to Us processing these data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice or any collection notice provided to you.
Cookies and Do-Not-Track Signals
We use aggregate information, which does not identify individuals, to monitor customer traffic patterns to the website and particular pages, as well as site usage, in order to help us improve the design and layout of the content.
Who Will Have Access to Your Personal Information?
Your personal information may be transferred to other AstraZeneca group companies and Amgen affiliates. We may also share categories of your personal information listed above with certain service providers or third parties such as: IT providers for the purposes of system development and technical support; auditors and consultants to verify our compliance with external and internal requirements; statutory bodies, law enforcement agencies and litigants, as per a legal reporting requirement or claim; and a successor or business partner to AstraZeneca or Amgen or to an AstraZeneca group company or Amgen affiliate in the event that it sells, divests or sets up a collaboration/joint venture for all or part of its business.
How do We Store Your Information
AstraZeneca and Amgen will store your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
AstraZeneca entities, and Amgen entities and third parties may be based anywhere in the world, which could include countries that may not offer the same legal protections for personal information as your country of residence.
Irrespective of which country your personal information is transferred to, We would only share your personal data under a strict "need to know" basis and under appropriate contractual restrictions (such as AstraZeneca's Binding Corporate Rules/Amgen's Binding Corporate Rules and EU Standard Contract Clauses). You may request a copy of AstraZeneca's Binding Corporate Rules and/or AstraZeneca's EU Standard Contract Clauses by contacting AstraZeneca at Privacy.US@astrazeneca.com.
AstraZeneca's and Amgen's BCRs and any rights arising under them do not apply to personal data originating in the USA.
Our Children's Policy
The Services are not intended for use by children. If you are under the age of majority in your place of residence, you may use the Service only with the consent or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian. Consistent with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), if we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to or through the Services without first receiving his or her parent's verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Services.
How We Protect Your Information
We have in place appropriate privacy and security policies which are intended to ensure, as far as reasonably possible, the security and integrity of all Our information, including your personal information.
What are Your Rights
You may contact Us at www.astrazenecapersonaldataretention.com at any time to request information on how We process your personal information, access to the personal information We hold about you, to correct any mistakes or to request deletion of the same or withdraw your consent to certain types of processing of your personal information. If such a request places Us in breach of Our obligations under applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice, then We may not be able to comply with your request, but you may still be able to request that We block (ie, right to object) the use of your personal information for further processing. Subject to applicable law, you can exercise these rights for free.
You may contact at Privacy.US@astrazeneca.com in case of any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal information.
Opting Out of Further Communications From Us
If you have elected to receive information about Our products or services, or those of other AstraZeneca companies and wish to opt-out of receiving such information, then you can do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should clearly state on all communications: your name, username (if any), registration details (if any) and the name of the website.
Effective Date: March 2021
© AstraZeneca and Amgen